and ever

and ever

Monday, October 3, 2011

19 years and counting.....

Today is our 19th wedding anniversary... I'm so blessed! It gets really hard picking a store bought card when you've been together as long as we have, 26 yrs. in all. They just don't begin to describe the amazing journey that kind of time brings. We have been through sooooooooooo much together! Loved ones getting married, having babies, divorcing, dieing... toddler years, teen years and all the years in between. And through it all my hubby gave me the best gift I could ever have asked for..... every single minute at home with our children! The only thing more precious to me will be meeting Jesus face to face someday. My hubby could have easily wanted what 2 incomes would bring but instead he gave his family the gift of our lives spent together. He will always be my hero for that and I will always thank God for the man that he is... Happy Anniversary Honey!

I got up early (nothing new) and got 5 batches of pear jelly made, a batch of pear slices dehydrated and then got a batch of squash dehydrating by dinner time. Hubby offered to take me out but I wanted to stay home and relax. We have the next big event to save for next week!

Nathaniel will turn 16 next week on the 12th and we have scheduled a BIG SURPRISE for him! He and his brother will be taking their first airplane flight! Neither if them know and they are going to FREAK OUT! We hired a pilot out of Sullivan airport and have their flight scheduled for 10am Wednesday morning. Nathaniel's has ALWAYS wanted to go flying and we thought it would be a perfect 16th birthday milestone. Pictures to come soon after!

Sometimes it's just too soon!
Yep, it was too soon to release the new roosters. They were immediately ganged up on and Nathaniel had to put them back in the brooder pen for at least another week. Stinks too because they were really happy to be free until they saw 70+ hens chasing them down, and NOT in a good way! On the bright side I think my newest batch of chickens is starting to lay finally. They seem to have skipped the "pullet eggs" and gone straight into grade A small.

Well I was deeply disappointed when 2 of the 4 families that were scheduled for Scheidemantal had to cancel do to unforeseen circumstances making it unaffordable for the remaining 2 families. I can't tell you how much I've looked forward to that weekend getaway over the last 7 years with different friends. The good news is that we may still have a weekend getaway with the remaining family somewhere new, which may turn out to be the new getaway! All I know is I need a weekend getaway!!

Keegan is sick, please keep him in your prayers. It started suddenly last Thursday with fever & chills along with a progressively worsening stuffy head. By Sunday he was covered in a red rash and still having a horribly stuffed up head. We're taking him to be looked at tomorrow. That poor kid has gone through 3 boxes of Puffs since Thursday! I pray it doesn't make it's rounds and end up still here next week for Nathaniel's birthday.


Well enough rambling...... I hope everyone is well and enjoying life. I praise God for ALL our wonderful friends... I hope to see many of you soon.

Sherri <

No comments:

Blog Archive