Charles right after surgery August 30th, 2011
We are loving the arrival of Autumn! The cooler weather is such a blessing. Our garden is still putting out radishes, tomatoe's, squash, zucchini, green beans, jalapeno's and herbs.
In fact I'm procrastinating about canning more carrots and jalapeno's at this very momment! I'm tired from baking loaves of summer squash quick bread, cleaning eggs and doing laundry. I told hubby this morning, "I wonder if this is what life is like growing up on a farm??" Cleaning, processing or cooking something ALL the time!
I ended up freezing some of the summer squash I'd diced up this morning and I still haven't gotten to the 20 ls of carrots I cleaned & cut up the other day. I have approx. 2 gallons of jalapeno's waiting to be pickled, about 2 gallons of frozen peach pulp waiting to be jam and about a gallon of wild plum juice to make jelly from. Whew! I'm tired just thinking about all that still waiting. I took time out from canning, hot water bathing and pickling the other day to bake 4 loaves of honey wheat bread and some banana bread. Well at least everything is frozen except the carrots and jalapeno's which will have to be done SOON!
Charlie had his post operative visit with the Dr. on the 16th and everything looked really good. He's finding he has a better range of motion since his surgery which is awesome! The Dr. told him 10 more days of limited activity and then he's free for normal activity. The critical word here is NORMAL activity, NOT activity ment for 20 & 30 year olds = ) He must learn to be "nice" to his knees so that he will have the longest possible use of them.
The boys are loving biology, I knew they would. Mrs. Tealetha can pronounce all those crazy words and get them really thinking about what's going on in their labs. They got to see something (did you really think I would try to spell it?!) eating on something thru the microscope the other day and thought that was TOTALLY cool! I'm amazed at how they're really taking off in their writing class. My heart is sooooooo happy over this. This was a struggle for awhile, but Mrs. Cynthia makes it fun and it's showing in their work! Who knew "mind mapping" would be the catalyst to writing for them!
Yummmmmm, I can smell the cinnamon squash bread baking! Hope everyone at church likes it tomorrow!
A dear friend and I were talking about homemaking and she said "I get a deep satisfaction knowing my family is dining on the home prepared foods I've made." I feel the same way! Being my husbands helpmeet, keeping our home and raising our children is the most wonderful "career" I could ever have.
Sherri <><

No comments:
Post a Comment