and ever

and ever

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lost in thought.........

Last night as I laid in bed, I started to think about "choices" and particularily ones that Charles and I have made over the years.

I guess family coming for Mother's Day tomorrow got me thinking about my house (compared to theirs) and I had that moment of dread as I thought about them being in my home. They would surely notice my "interesting decor." My mismatched dishes, my aged sheets, pillows and comforter, and the worn "needing to be replaced" carpet. To make things worse we are getting ready for a rummage sale and I have banana boxes of books stacked shoulder high in the school room.....and for a moment I coveted those things that make their houses look like something in a magazine.

But then His Spirit gently comforted me and reminded me of all that we would have given up if we'd had the " picture perfect home." A husband and Father we'd barely see, a mother away at work, children being indoctrinated in the failed godless government machine and an empty, but granted beautiful, empty home.

Just before drifting off....... after humby thanking God for ALL our blessings and helping us to see what was truly most important all these years... my aged sheets, worn pillows and comforter felt as close to heaven as anything could on this side of earth would ever feel.

Thank you Lord for loving me so completely, thank you for opening my eyes and saving me.... for giving me a heart for you. I praise you Lord with all that I am and with all that I will ever be. Thank you for blessing me with a wonderful man who really has a heart for his family. Thank you for blessing me with two strong healthy sons. Lord I will do everything within my power through you, to send them out as mighty arrows for Your use.

No comments:

Blog Archive