and ever

and ever

Friday, November 5, 2010

more change.....


That seems to be the theme this year for our family.

Some of the changes we've gone through this past year...

FAITH Fellowship was dealt a blow when the facility we used became unaffordable. We've been sorely displaced since then, but trying to hold it together through park dates and field trips. Praying God moves to open a door that will bring us all back under one roof again.

Friendship changes this past year, some wonderful, some not so wonderful. God truly opens a door when He closes one and sheds light where it's needed the most.

The whole church experience is still unsettled for us. I've come to the conclusion, that as homeschoolers we just don't have that "snug homey fit" my heart is searching for. We are visitors of several churches members of one. There is however a breathe of fresh air at our home church and I'm excited to see how God works through this couple.

The boys had some wonderful, talented, spiritual mentors come into their lives this year... We were blessed with a godly, hip young man to teach them guitar and drum lessons and we were blessed with another godly young man in their martial arts class. As a mother I am so glad to have these two young men in my sons lives. It's good for them to see what life can look like for them a few years out ahead of where they are if they stay on path.

The boys will start weekly math tutoring, Yay!!!!

Charles has changed this year... growing in his walk with the Lord and becoming the spiritual leader of our home. The children and I can feel the balance this has created in our home and it's wonderful.

I've grown closer to the Lord through trials, tribulations and the peace of weathering through them with Him leading. Six years after being saved and still not a day goes by that I am not completely humbled that He chose to unveil my eyes.

The boys have moved into their own rooms now and they're LOVING IT! They're plotting and planning the personal style they will now be able to show off in their perspective spaces.

Things I've learned (or still learning) this year are...
to hand milk a cow (although I didn't have much luck)
to pressure cook
sign language
let go of some unhealthy relationships
how to homeschool a girl
became closer to my "God given" sister
tolerate drumming in the house
tolerate drumming on the back of my headrest in the car...
tolerate drumming just about anytime, anywhere, on any surface!

Things I didn't learn how to do YET...
burn a darn DVD!
use pectin
keep up with laundry
squeeze more hours out of my day
make chickens eat less and lay more
get my empty egg cartons back
and make my two ornery cats cuddle

I guess there's always 2011




Blog Archive