and ever

and ever

Monday, May 16, 2011

God's up to something in my life.......

There's a new season coming.... I can just feel it.

At the beginning of the year I prayed for direction and discernment concerning some "uncertain" things that were going on in my life. I just said "Lord I give them to you, what ever you decide it's okay with me."

One of the them was the health food co-op I've been running for about 5 or 6 years. The last year or so it's really started to struggle as the economy hit every one's wallet. Some months we weren't even able to order, and I just kept working really hard at keeping it afloat because I'm the type that takes commitment really seriously. I'd made a commitment to the members and I didn't want to let them down. It's come to the place now that I know I did everything I could, and I just feel God saying "let go." I have peace about it and today it dawned on me that God was clearing my schedule. There have been a few other things that were taking up my time, that I am now either being freed from or they're changing in convienent ways that make them more efficient of my time.

He's clearing my schedule, I don't know why or for what but I definitely feel Him bringing this new season into my life. He's also bringng new people into my life, people who are edifying me as a Christian and providing a depth of fellowship I'm thirsty for. It's all very interesting and I'm excited to see what this new season brings.

On the homeschool front the boys are doing great. God has truly blessed us with exactly what we needed in the way of a math tutor (MT). She says the boys are doing really well, learning all the concepts under their own power. She's basically helping them to reign in the carelessness that causes mistakes on their papers. They are so far beyond any math that I'm capable of that I'm sometimes envious of her ability to help them.... not enough at this point to go back and learn it myself but I do truly admire her talent. She is a smart lady. We are on break from our homeschool class til the end of July freeing me up in yet another area. Our music teacher is still on the fence as to whether or not he will break for the summer, I'm hoping not, but we'll see. We still clean the church once a week but my "over all" load is getting lighter and it's odd but nice.

In the last few months both boys have switched their "what I want to be" when I grow up. Nathaniel is seriously interested in being a State Trooper (just so happens the MT's hubby is a State Trooper). Nathaniel started thinking about this career before we started with the MT so I find it pretty awesome that God planned that perfectly for him. Keegan is all of a sudden into everything medical and wants to be a Doctor (Pediatrician?) He's taken to having his very own, fully stocked First Aid bag, and his new favorite isle in Wal-Mart is.... you guessed it! First Aid! So we'll see where this leads us... God's in charge.

I know it's only the beginning of summer but I'm already dreaming of going to our weekend get away at Schiedmantle Lodge and the friends that will be spending the weekend with us there. We'll have a few new families this year and it will be an awesome time.

Until then I have summer to get through, gardening, canning, dehydrating, cleaning, music lessons, and maybe thanks to Him, spending more time with friends fellowshipping. That will be nice...... lazy rivers days, BBQ's and being a homebody again.

Sherri <><

No comments:

Blog Archive