This has been a week of working out the kinks.... Integrating Katelyn into our full time homeschool schedule, redistributing what was once chores for two, now for three and placing new house rules where needed. The littlest things can cause pause for three hormonal teens, swiping each others timers used for school, preferred seating, claiming certain pencils etc. It's been interesting to watch the "pecking order" work itself out. In spite of all that it feels like we are finally starting to melt into a mostly harmonious schedule.
Charles finished the bridge he was hired to work on and has been home for about a week. Honestly, I am really thankful he was! He's been a huge help getting the kiddos to co-operate with the schedule and in reinforcing newly instated house rules. Hopefully he will start some driving lessons with them soon. I know he's looking to get started on his next job but we are thoroughly enjoying our time with him right now. We sat around watching old home movies of the boys when they were babies and it just made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. I am so in love with my hubby! He gets all embarrassed when I tell him he's so much sexier now then when we were married and that I love him so much more now, then I could have ever even thought possible back then. We'll have been together 25 years in Sept. and married 18 years in October. We've been together long enough to have seen the best and worst of times and we just keep falling deeper into love. The kind of love that comes only from having weathered life together.
So here we are nearing the end of August, schedule in place, curriculum picked, homeschool class started, martial arts and music ongoing and I'm finally feeling I may actually be able to handle this 3 teens in high school thing after all. I just have to remember to stop and breathe some days. My heart goes out to all my dear homeschool sisters who have little ones and are looking to those of us with teens hoping to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I have to honestly tell them is there is no break... only pauses in the seasons of being a full time, hands on mother. The challenges don't go away they just morph into other challenges. It takes lot's of prayer and utter dependence on Jesus each and every day to keep sanity sometimes. I thank God everyday for my hubby! Not only has he financially supported this life we are so blessed to have but he has been the rock and voice of reason when I'm am utterly frazzled. The help when I am spent.
Thank God for families! Thank God for your family, even with all it's quirks and complications... you are right where God means you to be!
Sherri <><
Deuteronomy 6:7 "And you shall teach them diligently unto your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up."
and ever
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Blog Archive
- September (2)
- March (1)
- May (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- September (7)
- June (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- September (1)
- May (1)
- November (2)
- April (1)
- February (1)
- January (1)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- June (1)
- April (1)
- February (1)
- January (1)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- July (1)
- April (4)
- March (1)
- January (2)
- November (1)
- October (5)
- September (5)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (3)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (4)
- December (7)
- November (7)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- June (2)
- May (4)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- February (2)
- December (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (5)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- January (2)
- December (3)
- November (1)
- October (3)
- September (1)
- August (2)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (8)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (4)
- December (8)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- September (15)
- August (16)