Deuteronomy 6:7 "And you shall teach them diligently unto your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up."
and ever
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
It's been awhile!
Is it really August already! Seriously! I just don't know how life can move so fast. I was bemoaning my schedule to a dear wise old friend the other day. After listening she gently reminded me that she too had that schedule not so long ago and now all of her children are grown and she is a Grandmother. She told me to be thankful for so many wonderful things to do, and to enjoy those blessings with them while I can. Soon they will be old enough to drive themselves and won't need me to go every where with them. She's right, clean houses and quiet time will come later, missing these times will come soon enough.
What's up with us? Everything! God is so good and we see Him move in mighty ways all the time. We've definitely had our times of testing but it is so awesome to see Him use those things to make us stronger in Him and for Him. There isn't a day that we don't see the Lord in our lives. The boys are healthy and strong, becoming young men that we are so proud of. They've become very involved in their martial arts self defense class two nights a week. They have a phenomenal, godly older man teaching it, and he's become a strong mentor for them. Their instructor, Dr. McNeal has a 21 year old son Solomon. Solomon is back home to wrap up college in Rolla at MO.S&T for Nuclear Engineering. He's really taken a liking to the boys and kind of acts like a bigger brother to them. He's even tutored them in math before class when they're stuck and mom's stumped! Solomon has gone way past any math I've ever done or even heard of. Who knew there was calc 3 and beyond????
Our little homeschool class for science and history will begin again soon so we've been readying ourselves for that, gathering lab supplies and putting together notebooks. I can't wait to wrap General & physical science up and get into the biology and chemistry next year! I really like biology! Dissecting things and lab book drawings, mixing chemicals and logging reactions... whoohooo!
Update on Nathaniel:
He'll be old enough for his permit after his birthday in October so we've been studying the driving test booklet at home and Dad is handling the actual driving lessons. Not sure I'm ready for all that but it's coming regardless. He's been taking piano and guitar but will probably concentrate more on guitar after the Fall. He's been playing on an acoustic but is dreaming of and electric and hinting around for his birthday. At this point I don't think Nathaniel really knows what he wants to do for a living someday but he understands being great at math can't hurt so he's focusing on that "with a side of music."
Update on Keegan:
He's still playing the piano and likes to make up his own stuff. He's considering trying his hand at the violin or mandolin, but REALLY wants a drum set. At this point we don't have anywhere to put a drumset so it will have to wait. We've told him to keep saving and when he can afford electric drums (with a headset) we'll figure out where to put them even if it means getting rid of something else in the house. Keegan really seems to know he will do something in the ministry with reaching the lost. He doesn't want to be tied to a church where people already know Jesus, he wants to go where they don't know Him. Only the Lord knows where he will lead Keegan but he definitely isn't afraid to tell people about Jesus.
Update on Charles:
God love him, is working in this heat that isn't fit for human life. I thank God daily for a man that works hard in the worst of conditions while praying the Lord will open a new door that will take him out of contruction. Between work and trying to cut up all the trees that fell in our yard and on our fence when we were having storms a few weeks ago he doesn't get much time to relax. The bridge he's building will be done very soon and we don't know what, if anything, will be next but we know God provides all our needs and we've learned to trust Him. I know Charles misses having more time with the boys and doing martial arts with them so I pray whatever comes along will give him more time with them.
Update on Sherri:
Besides silly moments of weakness when I whine about our crazy schedule, I really do LOVE my life! You could take the wealthiest, most talented person in the world who has everything, and I'd bet I am still happier then they! I love my Lord, I love my hubby and I love my boys! I love being a homeschool mom, I love being a homemaker and I love being a helpmeet to the most awesome man in the world, mine! Sure there are times when I wish we had this or that but we have everything we need and most importantly we have each other. My hubby has given me the best blessing I could have ever asked for, being home to raise our boys... to hold their hearts and point their lives toward the Lord. My heart breaks for the moms who will never know their children like I know mine, who didn't share in each and every moment of their lives like I did with mine. Those are the memories that keep us warm when we're old, the ties that bring them back when they have children of their own! Thank you God for our busy lives, thank you for the grace you pour out on us every day and for the promise of eternity with you when our lives here are done.
Blog Archive
- September (2)
- March (1)
- May (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- September (7)
- June (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- September (1)
- May (1)
- November (2)
- April (1)
- February (1)
- January (1)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- June (1)
- April (1)
- February (1)
- January (1)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- July (1)
- April (4)
- March (1)
- January (2)
- November (1)
- October (5)
- September (5)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (3)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (4)
- December (7)
- November (7)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- June (2)
- May (4)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- February (2)
- December (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (5)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- January (2)
- December (3)
- November (1)
- October (3)
- September (1)
- August (2)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (8)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (4)
- December (8)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- September (15)
- August (16)
