and ever

and ever

Thursday, February 11, 2010

January was a blur!


Most months are a blur around here! This funny photo was taken by some friends we had over during one of our BBQ's.
We are still busy as ever out here in the sticks. We've been blessed with some wonderful families that we've grown very close too and that we fellowship with quite often.
I'm still amazed at how much I love my life and how wonderful being a homeschooling mom is. I mean really, how can it get any better?? I get to spend the entire day with the people I love the most! The boy's are truly growing into fine young men. They're doing very well in their studies and have taken a liking to "English Country Dancing" with fellow homeschool families. It's really turned out to be such a neat way for young men and young ladies to meet and share an appropriate activity together without all the negativity that dating can bring. I'm pleased that the boys see the importance of not giving "pieces" of themselves away and instead saving that for whomever the Lord will eventually bring into their lives as their wife.
Keegan's braces are doing good and his teeth have changed so much already. Nathaniel is scheduled to get his off at the end of summer some time. It's been so worth it to have spent our resources this way. Their healthy smiles are a constant reminder that God truly blessed us with a way to have done that.
My youngest niece Katelyn is now being homeschooled and it's been our great pleasure to help Denise with that. She is doing so well in her studies and making many new friends in the homeschool group.
Kalin my oldest niece will turn 18 in April and graduate from High School this year. She is interested in becoming a veterinarian and has been spending time "shadowing" one to learn more. It seems like yesterday I was helping her learn to walk, boy time sure flies! She is also doing well in her studies and carrying a 4.0 grade average!
We've really learned to trust in the Lord this year and it's been wonderful to see first hand how He truly provides for each and every need as we need it. Fellowship, finances and even the little day to day blessings that one can easily take for granted. Not a day goes by that I'm not humbled by His perfect care over my life and the lives of those around me. I see people I love and that I've prayed over coming to know Jesus and accepting salvation. I've seen lives changed forever for His Kingdom and that feeling of utter thankfulness never leaves me.
My own walk has deepened so much and the walk of my husband and sons has too. What a blessing to know that we will be in eternity together someday, no one left behind. I read a book from a friends daughter called "23 minutes in hell" and it's changed my life in more ways then one. I've studied many things in the word but never the topic of hell. I trust it's an awful place and I don't want to go there. After reading this book I feel a new sense of ergency to reach the lost. God wants no one to choose death (hell) but so many choose hell simply by not making a choice at all. I know quite a few people I will be sharing this book with... and many more people I will be sharing the Gospel with.
That's it for now from the Corbett family... be blessed and be a blessing, share Jesus with someone!

No comments:

Blog Archive