and ever

and ever

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Homeschooling is AWESOME!

Keegan "hunting" with an unusual spear
The boys aboard the Nina


How many children can say they sat in class (at home) learning about Jamestown and the beginning of Colonization on Monday and then went to a pre-1800 Mountain Man Rendezvous and actually shot a black Powder Musket on Saturday! Field trips have just worked out perfectly with the American History we're doing. First we went to see Christopher Columbus's Nina & Pinta docked in Grafton Il. while studying the "Explorers" and then we went to the pre-1800 Mountain Man Rendezvous. Next we'll attend the Old Iron Works Days during our "Colonization" period, perfect!

I guess it's too much to hope for a trip to the ocean during our next Zoology book, Swimming Creatures of the Fifth Day. Well maybe a trip to the Aquarium or the Omnimax will suffice.

All's well on the home front. School's going really well and I'm confident I will learn all I need to about doing High School transcripts. WOW! A real genuine High Schooler next year, where has the time gone! It seems likeI was just bringing Nathaniel home from the hospital not so long ago.



Blog Archive