and ever

and ever

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Struggling and being real about it

That's where I've been for a while now... struggling.

Struggling to make all nine of us and our "stuff" to fit in our limited space and keep my sanity...
Struggling with menopause, being exhausted and crazy out of whack periods every 3 or 4 months that can last a week to over 2 weeks...
Struggling to parent our littles in a way that will change hearts, not just behavior...
Struggling with frustration and anger being WAY to close to the surface when things aren't working the way I think they should...
Struggling with feeling isolated from other women, and the bonds that help with those seasons of struggling...
Struggling with a season that hasn't allowed my husband and I time to be with each other and just unplug for a bit...

and through all this struggling, I became more and more... angry.

It started as mild frustration, and grew into this monster ready to pounce at every offense. I'm not proud of it, not excusing it... I'm convicted by it, broken hearted over it, and for the longest time felt powerless over it, completely powerless over it no matter how hard I tried to contain it or change it. I was allowing my big, busy, exhausting life to keep me from doing what I needed to do the most... seek the Lord.

Time in my bible pressing close to the one true source had become non existent... sleeping a little more, or chatting a little longer on social media because of loneliness, or busying myself with never ending homemakers chores had replaced Him.

It should be no surprise that things had become the way that they are, but it's amazing how sometimes one can't see (or stubbornly excuse) what's right in front of their own nose.

I read two great articles this morning that the Lord really used to show my His path...

http://proverbs14verse1.blogspot.com/2016/09/the-power-of-words-in-christian-home.html

and

http://www.intoxicatedonlife.com/2016/09/26/real-reason-get-angry-kids/

If your struggling, I highly recommend reading both these articles.

I'd love to pray for you, and if you can... pray for me.

Sherri

No comments:

Blog Archive