and ever

and ever

Monday, March 21, 2016

Surprise! a post so soon :)

I just happen to be sitting here with Noah working on his "short a words" and had time to pop in and update...

We have an adoption date for Joshua, yay!!! April 21st it will be official!!! Then a flurry of final paperwork and we can BREATHE.... well maybe, having four littles doesn't leave much time to breathe, lol.

I celebrated my 50th birthday on the 13th, my family gave me the whole day to be lazy... it was the best gift ever! I got cards from all the children, money from the older boys and perfume from my hubby.

Sadly the issues with my parents never seem to get better and although they could have come out and spent the day with me and their grandchildren, they chose to be busy and send a card instead. I pray for them, it's all I can do. My niece will soon have a wedding and she has made it an "adult only" occasion. So sad that although they appear to be about family it is only geared toward adults. We won't be able to attend under these circumstances which is heart breaking, but we'll respect their wishes.

The children are all doing fantastic in their studies! I wish we were doing that well emotionally and behaviorally. Unless you've parented children from hard places you really can't have any idea how consuming it really is. It consumes everything! Energy, patience, emotions, spirit, intellect... it consumes you with a rawness that knows no stopping place at times. It would be so easy to become completely consumed by it all, there are days when the only thing stopping that is prayer.

It's a roller coaster out of control, dotted with peaceful moments, happy moments, break through moments.... only to plunge out of control once again for another wild out of control ride.

Studies are where they're shining right now, I mean really, really doing well! They are excited about school, doors are opening, light bulbs are going off left and right, and reading is taking off wholeheartedly! They have come SO far in intellectual areas from where they used to be. It's amazing that when we first met them, Micah & Noah were literally feral at 3, almost 4 years of age. They couldn't even speak intelligibly, couldn't name different foods. I have to constantly remind myself of where they were and how far they've come.

If you read our blog, please pray for us... we covet your prayers. God is good, He provides where He leads... he is definitely growing us in our 50's like we've never been grown before!

Charlie celebrates his 53rd birthday March 24th... I'm ordering his favorite desserts! French Silk and Banana Cream pies!

God bless, from the Corbett Family



No comments:

Blog Archive