Well here I am again... months later (older) and hopefully wiser. The holidays were filled with making memories for our littles and older children. Bonding together as a family and making new family traditions. We are celebrating the new year continually humbled by just how good God is to us.
Charlie moved to his closer work location back in November and he is home SO much earlier now. We are all enjoying more time with him. It dawned on me that we are celebrating our 30th Valentine's Day together! Well not exactly together, unfortunately it's snowed the last two Valentine's days and he's had to work. Being together that long is such an awesome thing, such a blessing! We've been through SO much through the years, and we've made it. Truly a gift from God. Happy Valentine's Day Sweetie, I love you more then words can say.
The kids are doing great, growing fast, BEING LOUD ALL THE TIME!!! Chloe will be 4 yrs. old in just a few days, and we are still in awe that God granted us three more sons and a daughter!
I have really got the homeschooling thing down this second time around. Many apologies to my older boys who learned along with me the first time around, lol. This time I can honestly claim "veteran" status!
Keegan is working up at Mace supermarket along with Nathaniel now, and our family dynamics are changing as they move forward into the next stage of their lives. I won't lie, I'm happy for them and excited to see where God will lead them, but I'm incredibly sad too. I'm so thankful my hubby understood the importance of my place as a homemaker. I was blessed to be there for their WHOLE life, because it's hard to imagine a time when they will be gone and out on their own. Already I have an empty spot (or two) at the dinner table because someone is working, and the first few times I will admit, it was hard. Or when we want to do something fun and realize one or both of them can't go because of their own schedules... moments like these are... a little painful. it's definitely an adjustment, and it makes me appreciate the time I have left with them under our roof even more.
Joshua's adoption is moving along... the petition has been filed with the court, the newspaper ads are running, and if they go uncontested, we're hoping to get a date in April to finalize :) All the children are still involved with family therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy. We are starting to reach the deep hurts of the abuse they've suffered as they open up about their lives before they came to be with us. It's hard to hear, breaks my heart... makes me want to dig in even deeper to love them and be patient with them. We have a long road ahead, and a lifetime to cover it.
We accomplished a lot on the homestead last year! Thankfully this year will not hold as many "building projects" as last year. Praying that leads to quieter moments of just "being" and enjoying our time together. I'm looking forward to Spring, warmer weather, and a break from "cabin fever". Hoping for successful gardening this year! We processed our first batch of rabbits finally. It wasn't easy, definitely a learning curve involved to do it quickly and humanely, but hubby has it down now and soon we will taste the fruits of our efforts.
For some reason I can't load pictures to the blog now, which is a bummer because they've all changed so much. You'll have to keep up with me on FB to see those. Well hubby should be home soon from his 12 hour shift on Valentines... I have an excellent meal waiting for him and can't wait to see him :)
Blessings,
Sherri
Deuteronomy 6:7 "And you shall teach them diligently unto your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up."
and ever
Sunday, February 14, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- September (2)
- March (1)
- May (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- September (7)
- June (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- September (1)
- May (1)
- November (2)
- April (1)
- February (1)
- January (1)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- June (1)
- April (1)
- February (1)
- January (1)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- July (1)
- April (4)
- March (1)
- January (2)
- November (1)
- October (5)
- September (5)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (3)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (4)
- December (7)
- November (7)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- June (2)
- May (4)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- February (2)
- December (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (5)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- January (2)
- December (3)
- November (1)
- October (3)
- September (1)
- August (2)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (8)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (4)
- December (8)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- September (15)
- August (16)
No comments:
Post a Comment