and ever

and ever

Friday, January 25, 2013

I've sat down to post several times... I really have, but then the words don't come, or there's so much to say that I give up and leave without posting...

This picture speaks to me, calls my name, follows me through my day, settles in my heart at night... and most of the time I am empty... waiting to be filled, or serve in any way He chooses.


Other times my flesh rises up and I start to believe the lies of the deceiver, that I deserve more, that I'm justified in my anger, or hurt, or sadness. That I'm owed something, by someone, sometime or another...
But then I think of Jesus, my Savior who held nothing back, who willingly gave it all for me. I am so humbled, so thankful, so blessed that He chose to save me. That He unveiled my eyes to the hopeless path I was on and showed me the promise of heaven if I were to follow Him. I'll never forget that moment when I asked him in, and my heart was filled and my eyes were opened. I am forever grateful... forever, forever, forever I will praise that day that I was saved. Thank you Jesus for loving me... for seeing what others can't, or won't. Help me to forgive them and pray for them, help me to love them like you do and to see them through your eyes... Help me to see them like you see me, when you look past my ugliness & unworthiness and see your creation, the one you died for...

No comments:

Blog Archive