Well, well.... August hit fast! This year's homeschool high school courses...
Bible - Foundations 1
Apologia Biology
Science Roots Vocabulary Vine for Apologia Biology
MOH 1 & MOH 2 Ancient History
Learnables Spanish 1
Algebra 1 & Geometry
Writing Class
English
Typing
Guitar & Drum lessons
P.E.
Our homeschool co-op class started last Monday and the kids all seemed pretty excited about getting back together. We've added another family and some new subjects which will be a huge blessing for all of us. I for one am excited about the talent these moms share with us, and I'm really looking forward to classes this year. Keegan is still pretty adamant that he will be a doctor and Nathaniel is leaning back towards a field in engineering. Time will tell, I only ask that they continue to pray about it and wait on the Lord's leading.
I had a sobering thought the other day... We have only have 3 years left of homeschooling. We are on the tail end of this journey and starting to think about the next segment of our lives beyond homeschooling. I will have more time with hubby... more time for hobby's... more time for a lot of things! I know God already knows what we'll be doing with the time that was once homeschooling... I'm looking forward to what He has in store for us.
Nathaniel has his permit now and he's been chauffeuring hubby every where. I let him drive me occasionally but I am mostly content to wait until hubby signs him off as safe = ) The thought of an untested driver at high speeds leaves me unsettled. Living in the country means everywhere is at high speed!
I think we've found a church home... I know that may surprise some of you, as you know I am always on guard against any politics or funny business in a church. A dear friend invited us to her church, and the church is NOTHING like anything we've ever been to before. No contemporary music, no youth groups, no crowds, fancy bells & whistles equipment... just a small, humble, completely in love with the Lord group of people. Interestingly enough the men in my family seem to be getting truly fed what they need. I have watched them grow in the Lord since we've been there, even to the point of Nathaniel re-committing his life to Jesus completely and unexpectedly one day. There are more homeschool families in this church then I've ever seen at the other churches we've been too. I think being somewhere where the word is preached wholeheartedly & unabashedly with other like minded families is making the difference for us.
Other then homeschooling going well & church being wonderful... God has set us in the midst of godly friends to fellowship with. What a blessing!!! We have so enjoyed fellow shipping this summer down at the river, after church and at each other's homes. I truly look forward to the time ahead growing with these friends.
Garden #2 is planned, plotted and soon to be planted!! The guys have been harvesting everything nature has to offer around our home. We've made tons of blackberry jelly, persimmon jelly, elderberry syrup and today we made wild plum jelly! I've canned pickles and carrots & dehydrated a BUNCH of squash! Our neighbors have sent bags and bags of cukes our way. That was truly a blessing as our garden #1 didn't put out the way we had hoped. I pray your summer has brought your family closer to each other and the Lord, God Bless!
Sherri <><
Deuteronomy 6:7 "And you shall teach them diligently unto your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up."
and ever
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- September (2)
- March (1)
- May (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- September (7)
- June (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- September (1)
- May (1)
- November (2)
- April (1)
- February (1)
- January (1)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- June (1)
- April (1)
- February (1)
- January (1)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- July (1)
- April (4)
- March (1)
- January (2)
- November (1)
- October (5)
- September (5)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (3)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (4)
- December (7)
- November (7)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- June (2)
- May (4)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- February (2)
- December (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (5)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- January (2)
- December (3)
- November (1)
- October (3)
- September (1)
- August (2)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (8)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (4)
- December (8)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- September (15)
- August (16)
No comments:
Post a Comment