Homeschool High School
It's really made me start to think about limiting our "outings" away from home but sometimes you just have to go. I mean you can't Not go to the ortho appt., you can't NOT go to the music lesson, I can't NOT go to earn money on Friday's cleaning. With our homeschool co-op classes meeting 2x a week it doesn't leave much play in our schedule. I'm so thankful for laptops!!! I can't tell you how many times having laptops in the van saved our behinds. It's not the ideal way to go but definitely a blessing when needed.
Cheyenne looking through the microscope
My wonderful hubby did not let the meager pickings of garden #1 deter him! He's already started garden #2 and after tasting the beats that he grew, and that I canned... I think he is energized to go again! He said they were wonderful! I'll take his word for it since I don't eat them = ) so far I've put up ...
pickled beets, dill pickles, blackberry jelly, persimmon jelly, carrots and wild plum jam.
Dehydrating mushrooms
I can tell already it will be another full & exciting year.... I'm already looking forward to our little weekend getaway at the lodge. We have a great group of people going this year and I know it will be the best year yet! October can't come soon enough!!!
We still have a few "river days" left... some exciting field trips to consider and fellowshipping with friends. Speaking of which we are baby sitting some almost ready to hatch chicken eggs! Interestingly enough even though we currently own about 80 chickens and have had many more over the years... we have yet to see any hatch so we are pretty excited!
Until October there's plenty to do... I will try harder to make time for the womens bible study I'm in, try not to drown in papers that need to be graded, try to remember my supplies for our co-op class... and just relax knowing I am NOT in this alone! I have 3 beautiful friends helping to make this a wonderful, successful school year.
I miss my friends that live further away..... know that I think of you, pray for you and look forward to things that cross our paths. One of the costs of living in the country. You are always welcome to visit, just let me know when you want to come.
God Bless.....
Sherri <><



No comments:
Post a Comment