and ever

and ever

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Almost Keegan's birthday!

We're taking the kiddo's out today for Imo's pizza in Washington, an early birthday wish for Keegan. There we will watch the two of them scarf down an  extra large pizza then turn to drool and hope for some of ours!

Where has the time gone????? Seems like just a few short years ago I was snapping photos of them in their diapers playing in the mud, stripping them down for fingerpaint play or nursing them to sleep as their big beautiful brown eyes stared up at me so intently it made time stand still. I thank God for each and every second of their lives.

I praise God for blessing me with a man that understood the importance of a mom being home. Sure we could have a nicer house in a "better" area, newer cars, 401K's and play toys that two salaries can buy....... BUT, I didn't miss a minute! I got to see ALL their firsts! Their first words, first boo boo, first laugh, first smile... first time seeing everything!

Then as they grew, I got to teach them everything they know until they were old enough to learn for themselves. We started to have DEEP discussions about God, Salvation and the importance of walking closely with Him always.

I had a "hands on hubby" who never put stuff before his family. Who purposed from the beginning to never look back with regret about not being there, and STUCK to it when people around him tried to make him feel like less because he wasn't sacraficing his family on the "alter of material" things.

We look at them now almost 14 and almost 16, and we know they are a product of FAMILY. A family that put family first, that lived by example. God has blessed our multi-generational view and we know that with Him we have started a new cycle of hope, love and closeness that will affect future generations of our family.

The Corbett Family <><

No comments:

Blog Archive