and ever

and ever

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring? Winter? Spring? Winter?

Well if you've ever lived in Missouri for any amount of time you know that if you don't like the weather just wait a day and it will change. That has truly been the case this last week. Monday I was visiting with dear friends and we were sitting on the front porch of her new house in Carpi's and Tee's enjoying the wonderful Spring weather. The very next day I stepped outside to retrieve meat from our deep freezer in the shed and was greeted by feezing temps and snow flurries! Today it actually snowed again and the weatherman is saying there are a "series" of winter weather makers on the way over the next week or so. So much for Spring!

What will eventually be our straw bale garden is now covered in sleet and snow. The itch to start seedlings has taken a backseat for right now.

Instead of gardening I've been testing out my new dehydrator... corn, spinach, green beans, cantaloupe, oranges, lemons, mushrooms, broccoli, blueberries, banana's & blackberries so far. It will take some time to stockpile an emergency food supply. I've had it running almost non stop since I got it, jerky will be coming soon!

So many projects to do and so little time to do them! I have 6 homeschool events that I'm overseeing at the moment, one of which is a curriculum/rummage sale. I alone have probably 12 banana boxes of books and household items to price and make ready, plus a HUGE tote of clothes. I've even given stuff away and still have that much to deal with. It's amazing what you can clear out when you are at the tail end of the homeschooling journey!

I've been in an organzing "mood" but I've reached a place where I can't organize any further until I get all the curriculum/rummage stuff out of my house. That will not be until June 3rd & 4th........ seems so far away!!!!

Our new chicks will arrive in late April, hopefully the cold will be long gone by then. Caring for hatchlings get's tough when it's cold. Hubby's still thinking about getting piglets but that took a backseat to getting the van fixed. It was running rough and he bought a diagnostic tool and was able to fix it himself... than goodness for his skills in that area!
We still really need to do our roof, or at least the half that's leaking. Money, money, money... I get tired of thinking about money sometimes. I'm not worried though, God knows we need a new roof and we'll eventually have the means to get one.

The family is fine, the boys had a bout of sinus yuck that almost went into asthma for Nathaniel but we were able to beat it back with his nebulizer and the drugs we managed to stockpile when we had insurance. I had a 24 hour bout of chills that left me drained but no worse for wear.

Charlie and I are both a year older this month and starting to feel some of the odd quirks that come with getting older = )

The boys are plugging away at their studies as usual. We kind of gave them a Spring break due to field trips, but now they're back at the books. We do have a couple more field trips coming up and a visit to Grandpa & Grandma's. Other then that we're just our normal busy selves... giving God the glory for all we have. He's amazing and meets our every need. I've said it before and I'll say it again... there's not a day that goe's by that I am not overwhelmed by His love for me and that I'm not humbled He chose to open my eyes.

Waiting on Spring...
The Corbett Family <><

No comments:

Blog Archive