We had so much fun yesterday fellowshipping with a couple of our favorite families for New Years Day! Charles made pulled pork and I made a cabbage, asparagus, carrot medley with seasoned, quartered potato's. For dessert we had a 2011 cake and 3 different kinds of cheesecake, yummmmmmm! Looking forward to having more of our friends out in 2011 for fellowship and food! If your reading this your on our list = )
I don't know what possessed me today (must have been the relaxing yesterday) but I've started digging through closets and I have a humongous pile started in my bedroom of things that will soon need to go! 3 huge boxes of books, a HUGE tub of clothes and 2 banana boxes of household items even after giving away a trash bag full of clothes yesterday. I'm still digging, haven't even gotten to the drawers yet. They shouldn't be to bad as I did them not too long ago. I think I'll tackle the kitchen cabinets next = )
I knew I should have done a yard sale with someone before the weather turned freezing! Now I'm stuck with all this sitting around until Spring = ( We could use the money but I'll probably get tired of it in my way and haul it all down to the thrift store.
The boys classes start again next week. They've thoroughly enjoyed their week off. Time off like that is a rarity around here, we usually go all year long with only a few days here and there taken off at a stretch. Our schedule's changing in 2011, always painful at first as we adjust. I'm hoping our full load on Thursday of math tutoring, music lessons, cleaning church and grocery shopping will transition smoothly to Fridays, waiting to hear from the instructors. That will keep us from rushing to get home in time to eat before heading to martial arts class, which has now gone from Monday & Wednesday to Tuesday & Thursday. Our homeschool class will most likely stay on Tuesday but it lets out earlier and hopefully won't be a problem. It stinks martial arts starts at 5pm, who wants to start a class at dinner time?! But they love it and they really are learning skills that will help them stay safe and keep their families safe someday. Well chores are calling and I better get my mess cleaned up before I get pooped out. We're off tomorrow for the Orthodontist in the afternoon, I hope Nathaniel is getting close to getting his off!
Sherri <><
Deuteronomy 6:7 "And you shall teach them diligently unto your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up."
and ever
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Blog Archive
- September (2)
- March (1)
- May (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- September (7)
- June (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- September (1)
- May (1)
- November (2)
- April (1)
- February (1)
- January (1)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- June (1)
- April (1)
- February (1)
- January (1)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- July (1)
- April (4)
- March (1)
- January (2)
- November (1)
- October (5)
- September (5)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (3)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (4)
- December (7)
- November (7)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- June (2)
- May (4)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- February (2)
- December (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (5)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- January (2)
- December (3)
- November (1)
- October (3)
- September (1)
- August (2)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (8)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (4)
- December (8)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- September (15)
- August (16)