Change is good right?
That's what I keep telling myself and honestly... I think I'm liking this new season in our lives. Granted there are some things one just never seems fully ready for, like teens coming into driving age and taking a deep breath as you look down the road to high school graduation and what it will take on our part to prepare them.
It's just so interesting for me heading into this season of my life. For soooooo many years I had "the little kids," I headed playdates, and mommy get togethers etc. I needed (craved) that fellowship from other women in the same season as myself and sought it continually. I don't know if it's because I'm in the "mom of teens" season or if it's just getting older but now my life is so full of family activities and taxi cab mom responsibilities that I feel almost like I could become a hermit when I have down time. I know growing deeper in my faith, my walk with the Lord, and in my marriage has greatly reduced that "people pleasing" need in me and I am feeling quite grounded and centered in my 40's. I can see where the saying "fabulous forties" comes from! Hopefully by this time one becomes wiser through life experiences and has learned where true happiness comes from. Not from pleasing others or raising "genius's" but from truly knowing it all lays in his hands and that only He can provide our hearts desires.
Every time I start to "panic" about the children's future's I'm reminded through His word that He is in control. That through a relationship with Him, He can guide us to what we are meant to be and do. I didn't have that leadership or direction growing up but my children have and that makes all the difference.
Despite getting "hermit like" in my old age I do have a few dear friends that I thoroughly enjoy fellow shipping with. Some have a few younger children then mine, some have a few the same age and some have a few older but we have all come to that place in our lives where we are standing on "the Rock" of our faith and it is truly a sweet place to be. We all come from pasts that were sadly lacking in godly instruction and mourn the mentors we never had. But those experiences coupled with our faith, have firmly given us a heart for changing the legacies we are leaving for our children. We don't see having the heart of a servant as being "soft" or something undesirable. We don't see the sacrifice of our own wants as wasteful or old fashioned. We know it's right, true, and even lovely... and we know we do it with joy beyond what this world has to offer.
So I will spend the golden hours of this season being silly with my children, enjoying their time home with us before it gives way to their future lives and families. Loving the man God so graciously blessed me with, fellow shipping with the wonderful friends He's provided for us and trusting Him for one day after the next as I walk with Him in this journey of my life.
Blessed to be changing,
Sherri <><

No comments:
Post a Comment