BUSY! That's where we've been = ) So much has been going on that I don't even know where to start. This picture was taken at a BBQ we went too. If you look closely you will see Charles is still wet from the water fight!I suppose I will start with the boys. The boys are starting new subjects and have 2 new beautiful kitties (Chloe & Lucy Lou). We've started an All American History/Zoology class cooperative with another family every Tuesday along with piano lessons. We'll be starting pre-algebra soon and Nathaniel has begun Computer Science with LOGOS. We'll also be trying out IEW (Institute for Excellence in Writing) since we've heard really positive things about it preparing students for the SAT essay writing. They're still doing Spanish online, Calvert Spelling, Grammar, Word Roots, A Reason for Handwriting and Keyboarding.
Charles enrolled in the pre-engineering coarse at East Central College and will begin August 17th. He will complete this program at Mo. S&T for the last two years to get his BS in engineering. It's a tough program but we know he can do it. I am thankful that he will take over tutoring the boys in advanced math (Algebra 1 & 2, Trig, Geometry, CALCULUS and Spanish! He will eventually do Chemistry and Physics with them too. What a relief for me!
Besides homeschooling and home keeping I stay busy with our healthfood co-op and our homeschool group FAITH which has grown from 5 families to almost 50! It's been awesome to see God bless FAITH and bring the most amazing women together for support. We just had a journalist from "Three River's Publishing" come and do an article on us for the local papers. That brought even more families to FAITH and we're excited to see the group expanding and changing to meet those needs.
Ed's health has been good and he truly enjoys his "date nite" with Dot every Friday at Cracker Barrel. She was in the hospital for a few days from a TIA but is doing well now and couldn't wait to get home and have Ed come visting. We're just glad he has a friend and is getting out and doing things. They go shopping together and "fight" over who needs to push the cart, how cute!
It's close enough that we're already dreaming about our weekend getway to Schiedmantle, praying the money will be there when the time comes. We truly enjoy the friends and family we spend time with there every year.
Our AC went out in our van and we've learned we can live without it when we need too. Charles is still diagnosing the problem and the best way to procede. Until then I will look like a little "Amish girl" with my hair tucked back in a scarf so it isn't a knotted mess from the wind blowing it when we go from here to there.
I still get excited about church every Sunday! I can't wait for the word and worship we experience there. We are so blessed to have people who are passionate about serving the Lord and sharing what God has laid on their hearts.
God's AMAZING, every single day! It never ceases to humble me when I think of ALL we have to be so thankful for. I see His presence everywhere in our lives and I see our faith growing and our walk deepening everyday. I see my husband learning to trust in Him and grow in leading his family. I see Him touching the lives of my sons, molding them into discerning young men who will be able to lead their families someday and I am happy and fulfilled, truly blessed! It's all about Him and all for Him.
We love you!
The Corbett Family