
I think I start every post with how incredibly fast the days have gone by and how busy we've been but it's true! Prayers have turned to Praise and our homeschool group F.A.I.T.H. has quadrupled in size within a few short months. We have been blessed with wonderful new families and have become great friends. The picture of hubby and I above was taken at our last field trip with them. We went Maple Sugaring down in Black Missouri and had a wonderful day. We even got to see an alligator at the persons house who does the syrup cooking! You never know what you will find down old country roads.
The boy's are doing really well in school and are taking some new subjects, Computer Science & Programming and Grammar to name a couple. We've also switched some of their subjects to new publishers and really like the choices we've made. Teaching Textbooks Math has been a God send now that they are approaching upper level math. It comes with it's own tutor! Nathaniel has long been fascinated with anything and everything electronic/computer related so I researched for many months to find just the right Computer Science Programs. I found them and almost choked on their price! The 3 I wanted were over $250 new. All I can say is God is good and provided all three for about $32 including S&H!!!! Just try and tell me He doesn't take care of His own! I am living proof He does!
Keegan's had the go ahead to start braces so we are saving the half ($1800) we must put down. Thankfully we only have a couple more payments on Nathaniel's and won't be making double payments.
Elizabeth Rat passed away recently, Cleo the Leopard Gecko ended her hunger strike and started eating again. Charlotte the Tarantula is the easiest of all to care for, a very low maintenance pet.
Our Sunday morning class has truly been a blessing. We are studying prayer and have learned so much. The boys sometimes help with children's church or attend youth class, wherever they're needed. They're such good helpers! Not only has our homeschool group F.A.I.T.H. grown but so has our church! It's amazing how big our third service has grown. They're expecting over 400 people at 3rd service on Easter! We were "Greeter's" for the month of March and got to wear little name badges and shake everyone's hand when telling them good morning.
I'm gearing up for our April F.A.I.T.H. Fellowship & Easter Pot Luck on the 9th and then celebrating April birhdays in St. Louis with family. Mom, Kalin & Keegan all have birthdays in April. Denise, Hubby & I all celebrated March birthdays at our house. We got to meet Denise's Grandparents and they were super nice. They live out here by us. Denise's mom brought out a peanut buttery, chocolaty thingy that was oh so yummy!
I also got free for a day with my homeschool gal pals and went to the St. Louis Homeschool Expo! Man, we were bookaholics on a binge! There were so many books there that we could smell them from the parking lot. We go again to the CHEF conference in June but not to book shop, we'll actually take time to hear the guest Speakers.
So as you can tell everything is good at the Corbett Home. God's in control and we're not worried about the news reports claiming the sky's falling. Yes, we feel the country is headed down the toilet and severely lacking in morals and judgement, the spending has literally made our brain's hurt. Thank you God that you judge us individually and not as a group! I have enough to repent for without being held resposible for everyone else. Christian's following the WORD, His word have nothing to fear.
Bless and be blessed!
The Corbett Family