and ever

and ever

Thursday, December 6, 2007

December is here!

It's here and filling up fast! We've been to Bethlehem (in Sullivan Mo.). It's a wonderful program put on by a church called "Journey to Bethlehem." A live interactive journey complete with Roman soldiers, camels and donkeys. A perfect way to get ready and focused on the true meaning of Christmas, Christ! The boys have their very first piano recital this weekend and they're completely excited to be playing on a Grand Piano! Then the guys have their martial arts "Fight Night" that evening... it will be a full weekend! We baked zucchini bread today and finished decorating the house with Christmas decorations. Hubby and the boys put the tree up a couple nights ago and decorated it all by themselves, they did an awesome job! I'll be baking again tomorrow and hemming trousers on my new sewing machine (an early present from hubby and my father-in-law) for the recital. You would absolutely laugh if you knew how intimidated I am by my new sewing machine! It's been over 20 years since I've used one and I'm a little scared of it = ) The boys however are fascinated by it! After all it's a machine. My thought is if I can get them to learn to sew I may still be able to get out of it = ) Christmas shopping is almost finished but it was a "journey" in it's self. I can't believe as early as I started I still ran into not being able to find certain things in stock or ordered them only to have them back ordered and not going to be shipped until January! How ridiculous! This is the first year hubby and I truly got a taste of, the more expensive things are as the boys get older. Less under the tree but the price tag goes up. Thank goodness they're not materialistic and actually had a very short "want list." I think it's more what we want for them, then what they want for themselves. I'm also thankful that's not our focus (gifts) and that we are blessed to know what the true focus is. It still amazes me that God sent his only son for us... even in our sinful, rebellious, foolish, non-repentant state! If that 's not a testament of HUGE LOVE, I don't know what is! Share the news of God's most glorious gift with everyone this Christmas season! Wish them a hearty MERRY CHRISTMAS and say it with Christ in mind!

Blog Archive