
Well Autumn official came on my calendar, Sunday September 3rd but you sure couldn't tell it from the Missouri temps outside (90's) Yuck!! It seems we were teased last week with wonderful cool temps only to be longing for them a week later. Our house has been busy, busy as usual. My wonderful hubby put in a new bathroom floor for me this past weekend. I am so tickled pink over it I just keep going in to look at it! Having carpet in a bathroom with 3 guys using it... well let's just say keeping it clean was a full time job! But now I have a beautiful "Mossy Slate" easy maintenance floor. Hubby tells me his next project will be an 8' x 8' deck off the side of the house to replace the small landing and weather worn steps that are there now... Go Hubby!!! He's are also planning on building a bigger doghouse soon as a project with the boys. Bear has grown so much that he will be needing more space. The boys have had a lot of "mapping" and "grid location" exercises in one of their workbooks and thank goodness they are pretty good at it because directions are not my strong point, just ask my hubby! Long division and decimals have been going pretty smoothly for them, the word problems still throw them off sometimes. We've been plugging away at lessons and have piano later this week along with their martial art classes. I've been looking over some items to add to our curriculum (I'm nuts, I know!) but they look to fun to pass up. I've been looking at a Latin Root Words program, Music software programs for theory exercises, software to teach typing and Rosetta Stone Spanish thru a library program we can join. Of course all this means more $$$ so I'll have to be patient and shop for it used if possible but we had a chance to check some of it out at a friends and I liked it all! Aside from looking at curriculum and playing car pool mom I've been working on my September newsletter that goes out in a few days. I love doing them as much as I enjoy doing our blog. I wish I loved cleaning as much! Incase you haven't noticed our blogs are lop-sided! For some reason there's a glitch in the site (or at my end) that only allows me to get about a picture a day on the right hand side of our blogs. I've emailed them twice but it is yet to be fixed and I'm surely not savy enough to fix it myself. Well I better get on with my day... the questions are coming and lessons need to be gotten too. Thanks for letting me think through my fingers again and have a very blessed day! <><