and ever

and ever

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I know, it's been awhile...







What can I say? if I didn't have time with 2 children, what in the world would make me think I would have time with 5!!

All I can say is the days roll by, one after another turning into months before we know it. The twins have been with us a year now, and Lil sis will have been here a year in another month, that seems so hard to believe. They're growing fast!

So much has happened since I last posted in Feb. Charlie's schedule has changed with him working Sun - Wed, and off Thurs. - Sat. That's been an adjustment, although we're very thankful the weather's improved and he's not working nights plowing anymore. Nathaniel's high school graduation is right around the corner, so we've been attending graduation planning meetings, with the actual graduation planned for May 24th, 2014. Talk about time flying!! It just doesn't seem right to have one almost done with homeschooling, especially when the next graduations won't be until 2015, 2026 and lastly in 2028, now that really sounds weird!

We had the proverbial "when it rains, it pours" happen last month with 3 major appliances. My range and my dishwasher were on their last leg after 16 years of massive use, so we had to replace them. It hurt to spend the money, but I'm a very happy housewife with much better upgrades then what I had :) We also ordered a hot water heater because it's showing signs it's going to be next.

Probably some of the biggest news is, our little ones big brother Jesse is back with is Aunt. This is very disheartening news as we had high hopes for the family he was placed with. It's a long story that I won't go into here, but suffice it to say we feel ALL the adults involved in his life an not making the best choices right now and we are praying about what to do concerning that. We had him over for a weekend so we could observe where he was in his overall spiritual, mental and physical health since he's been gone the last 6 months. Sadly, nothing has changed as far as the relationship he has with his siblings. He's still very much stuck in that bossing, manipulating, place that triggers undesirable behavior in our little’s. It saddens us to see, that his sister is invisible to him, and his only communication with his brothers is to make them his pawns to control. The unhealthy dynamics that were left unchecked for so long in their biological mom's care and their Aunt's care is still very much ingrained in Jesse. Surprisingly, soft spoken Noah has changed the most. He really used the new tools he's been given the last year to advocate for himself as well as family when faced with unfair or bullying type situations. We were very proud of him! Micah however still falls into the role of "fellow bully" in order to not be bullied himself. Only when faced with Noah removing himself from the situation, and the bullying being turned on him did he then start to use the tools he'd been given. It was a situation where if we hadn't literally sat right there with them overseeing everything, melt downs would surely have happened. We want so much to help him, but we know until Jesse is in a family where his needs are being met we have to limit contact with our little’s in order for them not to regress and lose all that they've gained. All of them are so fragile still.

We've also learned that their biological mom was arrested back in December 2013, she was charged with multiple misdemeanors and a couple of felonies. We've been watching the court decisions via the internet and know that several of the misdemeanors and 2 felonies have stuck. She'll be sentenced at the end of April, and from what we can tell she'll be looking at a 1-5 yr. sentence, sigh. So much tragedy for someone so young. Although she is responsible for her decisions and she hasn't made good ones, I can't help but feel sorry for her knowing her story. She is one of 6 children that her mother lost custody of, I'm sure her life was a living hell. Now she is a 27 yr. old mother of 6 children, all of whom she's lost custody of. The cycle was sure to repeat in all or at least some of her children had God not intervened and found other homes.

That's the big "goings ons", there were thousands of little ""goings ons" that I could never even begin to update everyone on... that's where i'll close until the next time I can eek out a few moments in our crazy full, but absolutely blessed lives. Untill then we'll be clinging to Him as always, praying for wisdom and seeking His will and guidance in our lives and the lives we're responsible for.

Blessing to you and yours,
The Corbett Family

No comments:

Blog Archive