Deuteronomy 6:7 "And you shall teach them diligently unto your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up."
and ever
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
This is my thought for life....
Well almost a month ago I sat down to update everyone, and wrote the LONGEST detailed post EVER only to have the page freeze and then lose everything I had typed... sooooooooooooo frustrating when it's a hard to get time to type everything in the first place!!
So here we are weeks later, with even more events passing by and I still haven't updated!! Here goes....
Charlie had a rough holiday schedule with over a foot of snow in one day and several smaller storms to follow.... he went from days to night, nights to days... back and forth for the better part of 2 weeks. We had Christmas Day with him and pretty much lost everything else to his schedule. It's hard when he's working nights... keeping children quiet who are trapped inside due to below freezing temps for days on end get's old quick... I felt sorry for the boys most of all. Boys are loud, well at least ours are, and after they had to be quiet for Dad they would have to be quiet for sissy's nap, way to much quiet for them!! For the first time in my life I longed for Spring. For the most part Charlie's schedule is back to normal, at least to the next storm.
We've been attending "Graduation planning" meetings so Nathaniel can make up his mind if wants to participate or have something private. We've decided to leave that up to him, there are pro's and con's to both.
Our Homeschool "High School" co-op class has resumed from the holiday break, and the twins are back at their studies also... Chloe sits along side, and does her "school" with us. We've been attending "Homeschool Gym Day" on Wednesdays and having lunch with friends afterward. It's been a wonderful way to socialize and burn off excess energy from being stuck inside during winter. It's amazing how much my house has shrunk with 3 extra kiddos :)
I've been thinking a lot about Farmer's Marketing, and specifically WHERE I'll set up when the time comes... I fear it's going to involve LOTS of traveling this year :( The ones closer to home have not been headed by people who have the "stick-to-it-ness" it takes to grow a successful well attended market... we may be looking at going all the way to Sullivan, ugh...
It will be a busy 2014 to say the least, homeschooling 5 kiddos, a graduation, farmers market, gardening, canning & dehydrating, keeping a home... and still finding time to play :)
We've turned in all the "Successor Guardianship" paperwork to the attorney, and currently we're waiting to hear what the Judge does when he looks it over. The clerk who received it said it looked like it would all go through no problem... we're waiting....
While waiting we've started thinking about what kind of birthday party to have for Chloe who will be 2 in Feb. I'm thinking something small, just for her... maybe taking her somewhere special if the weather allows.
In the mean time there's the 'day to day' stuff to get done... today I'm tackling laundry, it multiplies as I sleep and is never ending... then I will bake a couple of cakes for a neighbor in need, take time to visit with the elder down the road who's missing her mom who passed terribly, and maybe somewhere in between meals, lessons, and playing mediator for bored children... I will actually get a shower :) It's 3pm now and I just realized I haven't eaten today!! may as well wait for dinner now!
My other post had so much more, but I'm at a loss today to get it all out.... maybe on my next attempt... laundry calls!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- September (2)
- March (1)
- May (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- September (7)
- June (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- September (1)
- May (1)
- November (2)
- April (1)
- February (1)
- January (1)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- June (1)
- April (1)
- February (1)
- January (1)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- July (1)
- April (4)
- March (1)
- January (2)
- November (1)
- October (5)
- September (5)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (3)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (4)
- December (7)
- November (7)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- June (2)
- May (4)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- February (2)
- December (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (5)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- January (2)
- December (3)
- November (1)
- October (3)
- September (1)
- August (2)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (8)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (4)
- December (8)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- September (15)
- August (16)

No comments:
Post a Comment