WOW! It's been crazy busy here at the Corbett homestead, even more then usual. I don't know if I could even begin to fill everyone in on what's been going on since my last post so I'll start with where we are at the moment.
God's great! Always providing needs, refining character.. working diligently within us, growing us, testing us & comforting us.
Charlie has a job!! Woohoo!! Not just any job but a MoDOT job with the state. He had a few days of tests... drug screen, physical exam ect. then a week of training and now this is his first full week on the job. We feel soooooooooooooo incredibly blessed to have work going into winter!!
Nathaniel & Keegan are eyeball deep in advanced math, chemistry and all things that make my brain check out! Once again the Lord has provided, and we have wonderful tutors that bless us with their time and talents in these areas, Yay!!
As a family we started working at the Cuba Farmer's Market in June (before Charlie's new job). We took samplings of all the jams, jellies, jalapenos and pickles we make to sell and they were a hit. We added baking breads, quick breads, cakes, bundts, brownies and you name it to that list and suddenly there wasn't any free time. We have regular customers now, and have had really good success there. Now that winter's approaching we may have to take a break from that, although the future goal for the Market is to be open all year.
Charlie and I took and entreprenurial business class over the summer and learned quite a bit. We'd eventually like to start our own business. We realized through taking the class, that until we are done homeschooling high school the season is not right yet. There may be a little small town bakery in our future someday.
Nathaniel turned seventeen October 12th... seems weird to have a kid that age. I just can't believe how time has flown by. Keegan will be sixteen next year! I am so thankful that before we were even saved, the Lord laid on our hearts the life we chose. I've written before about how I am so glad that I was home for it ALL. How blessed I was that Charlie knew that as a Mom I needed to be home. That even through seasonal income and periods of uncertantiy, the Lord ALWAYS provided for us. We have a few more years of high school to homeschool and we can say we have stayed the course.
Both boys at this point are planning on engineering fields, which engineering field is still to be determined, but they are focused on getting into MoS&T. We will definitely need the Lord's blessing and provision on that!
We're still raising chickens (been a not so enjoying adventure this summer with the heat & drought!) and baking and canning like crazy. Actually, on an almost small commercial scale now, to the point there's not much time for anything else!
I have a kitchen FULL of apples right now waiting on me, but I wanted to say hello... we're still here... happy, healthy and going strong. We don't always get the chance to visit and chat with our friends as often as we like, but we are always thinking of you and praying the Lord's blessings over you and your families. So take care, update us and know that we miss you!!
Sherri <>< and the family
Deuteronomy 6:7 "And you shall teach them diligently unto your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up."
and ever
Thursday, October 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- September (2)
- March (1)
- May (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- September (7)
- June (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- September (1)
- May (1)
- November (2)
- April (1)
- February (1)
- January (1)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- June (1)
- April (1)
- February (1)
- January (1)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- July (1)
- April (4)
- March (1)
- January (2)
- November (1)
- October (5)
- September (5)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (3)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (4)
- December (7)
- November (7)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- June (2)
- May (4)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- February (2)
- December (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (5)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- January (2)
- December (3)
- November (1)
- October (3)
- September (1)
- August (2)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (8)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (4)
- December (8)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- September (15)
- August (16)
No comments:
Post a Comment