Soooooooooo much has happened... it leaves me tired just thinking about where to begin. I've come here many times to write, only to be overwhelmed by everything I would need to type in order to catch this space up to date.
We've been busy, nothing new... I've been learning to PC chicken, and potatoes, both new experiences for me. I've also made strawberry jam, hot water bathed (HWB) citrus and started making all our bread from scratch. The weather's been so nice that I drug everyone out and cut their hair, it's always good to have that done for a while. My "to do" list is never completed, as I check one thing off I seem to add three or four more. Waxing all my cheese is on that list, PC'ing more potatoes, pork and anything else I can find on sale, lining the dog's houses with cedar shavings for the summer to cut down on bugs, getting garden seeds started, journeling in my bible study, closets to go through.... it just goes on and on....
The real blessing for me this last month was that I got to spend time with 4 different friends that I've wanted to catch up with for sooooooo long. I needed that girl time and was so happy to get it.
Keegan got his braces off!! I still have to get the pictures off the camera, but will post them when I do. He and Nathaniel are so happy to be done with all the tiny rubber bands, and are feeling quite free even with retainers.
Nathaniel got serious highway drive time in when all the guys went to StL on a charcoal re-con, buying enough to BBQ all the way thru next year. I stayed home to PC potatoes.
Charlie & Keegan built a catapult, they're still working on making it strong enough to pitch tennis balls for Bear Bear.
We are looking forward to the end of May and a lighter schedule with school. Math, English and Spanish will continue over the summer but not all the other stuff.
The church I had a small job at cleaning, decided to do something different so I was let go. I was sad over the loss of funds but glad not to have clean any toilets other then my own for awhile. I'm trusting God that when one door is closed another is opened. I'm already thinking of more entrepreneurial type endeavors that will put my creative side to use for our next money making adventure.
Charlie's been busy around the house fixing things. He went to fix the front porch and found an infestation of ticks to deal with before he could start. After dealing with the ticks, he jacked the front porch up and put concrete blocks under the posts to level it. It had started to sink into the ground and get cock-eyed because the previous owners hadn't used the pads that prevent that. He also tore the warped hand rail, broken stairs and risers off the side porch and replaced them. The porches are looking good again! He's also been busy with plumbing projects. He replaced my kitchen sink sprayer and fixed a bath tub & shower leak. He Fronlined the dogs & treated the grass in the driveway too.
Well nothing "knock your socks off" exciting going on around the homestead, but plenty to keep us busy... hopefully it won't be a month before I post again!
Sherri <><
Deuteronomy 6:7 "And you shall teach them diligently unto your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up."
and ever
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- September (2)
- March (1)
- May (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- September (7)
- June (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- September (1)
- May (1)
- November (2)
- April (1)
- February (1)
- January (1)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- June (1)
- April (1)
- February (1)
- January (1)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- July (1)
- April (4)
- March (1)
- January (2)
- November (1)
- October (5)
- September (5)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (3)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (4)
- December (7)
- November (7)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- June (2)
- May (4)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- February (2)
- December (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (5)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- January (2)
- December (3)
- November (1)
- October (3)
- September (1)
- August (2)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (8)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (4)
- December (8)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- September (15)
- August (16)
No comments:
Post a Comment