How can one be a born again Christian for almost 7 years and not be exposed too expository teaching in a church?
Okay, I'll admit I did not know what "expository teaching" meant until I attended a friends church that only teaches in that manner. I was blown away! Line by line they went through Mark chapter 12, with all the history, Hebrew and Greek that brought it ALIVE. I had never heard scripture taught like that. Which leads me to why? I have searched and searched for a church like that within reasonable distance from my home and there's nothing so far. WHY? Isn't this exactly the kind of teaching churches need to be teaching? I absolutely believe that as followers of Christ we need to be accountable for studying the word on our own but what about those called to teach? Are they not biblically called to teach the word, pure and simple? I realize there are different interpretations when it comes to some parts of the word, but can't that just be pointed out, views presented and left to each individual to pray about for clarification or lead to deeper study?
I'm really struggling with this. Not being able to find a church like that. It makes me wonder if it is so hard to find because there are not enough men of God trained to teach in this manner? It almost bring me to tears typing this... but I've grown weary of the same old topical teaching over and over, or worse yet... whitewashed, feel good sermons sprinkled with scripture here and there. How do the unstudied go deep without help?
Could this be why so many believers don't know that word for themselves, why so many new Christians never mature or why so much "faith" looks more like the world we are to told to be in but not of?
Don't want to offend anyone, just sharing what's on my heart and wondering if anyone else feels like that?
Sherri <><
Deuteronomy 6:7 "And you shall teach them diligently unto your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up."
and ever
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- September (2)
- March (1)
- May (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- September (7)
- June (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- September (1)
- May (1)
- November (2)
- April (1)
- February (1)
- January (1)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- June (1)
- April (1)
- February (1)
- January (1)
- November (2)
- October (2)
- July (1)
- April (4)
- March (1)
- January (2)
- November (1)
- October (5)
- September (5)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (3)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (4)
- December (7)
- November (7)
- October (2)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- June (2)
- May (4)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- February (2)
- December (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (5)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- January (2)
- December (3)
- November (1)
- October (3)
- September (1)
- August (2)
- June (7)
- May (3)
- April (8)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (4)
- December (8)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- September (15)
- August (16)
No comments:
Post a Comment