and ever

and ever

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Stormy weather in June

We've had some crazy weather this month! I can't tell you how many times we've turned the computer on and off again because of the all the lightening we've had. I took this picture from our back door the day there was a tornado not far from here. It so thick it looks like smoke. As I'm typing the NOAH radio has gone off again telling us we're under another tornado warning until 2am.

We have our FAITH Fellowship tomorrow and our theme is "Backyard Science." All the children will be bringing something they have caught in their backyard for show and tell. We've been doing some Entomology here at home, mounting the specimens that we've found dried up laying around. We found a really interseting insect yesterday that looked like a cross between a spider and a grasshopper. It turned out to be a "Wheel bug" and has a HUGE stinger on it. Chaek the picture to the right.

I'll be giving a small talk on Entomology, Herpetology and Orinthology for the homeschool group tomorrow and showing things from each "ology."

Blog Archive