and ever

and ever

Monday, January 19, 2009

Off to a great start in the New Year!

As I sit here typing an update I can't believe it's already time to be firming up Valentine plans for next month!

I'm hopeful that our homeschool group F.A.I.T.H. is showing signs of growing. We are in need of more teens and tweens to interact with.

The boys are doing really well in their school work. They just finished their first "public speaking" engagement for our homeschool group. They did an awesome job on their "Country Study" and it was a good experience for them.

Well, I may have picked too many subjects for them to tackle this year. They like all TWELVE of them (yes that says 12) but completing them all in a reasonable amount of time may end up an issue that will cause us to re-figure our schedule. We'll probably just have to alternate some so we can continue doing them all. We want to do other things like computer stuff, html programming type things. I'm trying to find something Nathaniel can get passionate about or maybe subconsciously I'm enabling him to take over all the blog pages!

We'll be starting a "Study of Religious Beliefs" very soon and I'm looking forward to doing that with them. We are also looking into some classes at East Central College especially for Homeschoolers. They have a Chemistry and Microscope class that look really interesting. The only bad thing is they start at 8 am and they are about an hour and a half away (yikes!).

Upwards Basketball practices started as you can see from the picture. The first game is next Saturday! Hubby is wearing them all out at practice! I am already weighing out what our P.E. possibilities will be when that's up in March. My one and only gripe about living in the country is the distance to travel to good extra curricular programs!

Well that's pretty much what's up with the bulk of our days at home. We are still cleaning up at church once a week for a few hours. With our holiday break over Mrs. Judy is back on top of them with their piano lessons. Keegan has just about mastered "Carol of the Bells" and Nathaniel finally nailed "Greensleeves."

Hubby is doing well after the Ablation proceedure and will be on the job hunt soon. We've thoroughly enjoyed our "little vacation" with him while it lasted. The calendar is filling up fast and the year is off to a great start. We are always mindful of where our blessings come from and look forward to walking closer to Him in the coming months. We are thankful, so very thankful for our simple life!

God Bless,
The Corbett Family

Blog Archive