This is Keegan's new pet, Charlotte.I know, not very original but Keegan likes it. She is a Chilean Rose Tarantula.
Scientific Name: Grammostola rosea
Also Known As: Chilean Common, Chilean Fire, Chilean Rose Haired, and Chilean Flame Tarantula
Chilean Rose Tarantulas reach a leg span of 4.5 - 5.5 inches and the life span of a female is 15+ years.
Homeschool's going great. It's a little harder to get the boy's going with Dad off because they want to be on vacation with him = ) I tell them to keep working hard so we can take off during Christmas and thru the week after New Year's. It's amazing to me how much the Latin Root words are helping them. They both type as fast, or faster then me now. I just had them take a math placement test and Nathaniel was at grade level and Keegan was a grade ahead. We will be eyeball deep in fractions very soon and I've got back up if I need help teaching it. Long division went really smooth which quite honestly, shocked me. I had such a problem with those when I was in school. I'm good at it now = ) Were getting ready to switch from Botany to Astronomy in Science. I gathered all the things will need for our experiments in a large plastic tote so we'll be ready when we hit each one. They're looking forward to the chapter that has them build their own space station. We hit cursive handwriting again this year and they finally got it! I was glad I waited, it was truly a timing thing. We are in the Creation period of history but stopped briefly to do a theme on elections and government. We'll come back to that in full force when they do State history after we finish the book we're in. They had brief "burn out" in piano toward the end of summer and I had to have a talk with them. It's going much better now that Mrs. Judy's given them some contemporary music to practice instead of all piano drills. They've been making Lego movies for something art'sy and we'll be attending the St. Louis Ballet to see "The Nutcraker" in December. We also have tickets to the St. Louis Symphany and we'll go see them twice. Nathaniel is my tech guy. I'm looking for some affordable software to teach him programming and HTML. He would LOVE that! Maybe if he takes over the family blog it will get updated more often = ) The boys are helping me do a "Couples Night to Connect" this Friday night. It's a ministry we came up with for our church, that would give couples an evening to go connect and have free childcare. I think there are about 15 children signed up so far.