and ever

and ever

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Spring has sprung, well kind of...

We thought Spring and sprung. Then cooler temps came again that required Charles wearing Carharts to work\ because he's been on the night shift. I even had to cover my lilac bush the other night because we had a hard frost.

Yesterday the boys and I re-did the flower bed out by the mail box. It looks beautiful! We saved all the patio stones from the walkway we tore out last Spring when we had our yard graded and gravel put down on the side of the house to expand our driveway. We used them to build a wall around our flower bed and we cleaned all of winters left over debris, sticks and dead leaves out of it. The Peony bush is sprouting nicely and my Sis-in-law gave me some Jonquils for my birthday that I'm going to plant there after the danger of frost is gone. I also have another lilac bush that my mom gave that needs planting.

I would love to re-do the chicken pen fence this year! It needs expanding and that involves pulling up and moving t-poles so it will be a hard project unless I can enlist hubby for help.

The boys are getting so big and it's amazing to me how quickly a project can be done with three of us working at it now. I think I'm going to like having teenagers! The garden bed by the mail box only took us two hours.

They're chugg'in along in the school work, doing really well. We've been learning a lot about God's word and how it applies to our everyday lives. It always surprises me how quickly they catch on. I think a topic might be too "big" for them but I introduce it anyway and stand in awe when they get it! As part of our classwork we made a list of sins we deal with regularly such as anger, selfishness, slothfulness, pride ect. and then we looked up scripture that tells us how God feels about these things. It's really helping us to see how not only is does the offense affect the person giving/recieveing it, but it's also an offense against God. I am honset with them that they are not the only ones dealing with these sins, that parents do too and I definitely do! So we are helping each other be on the look out for when we are letting sin sneek in.

We got a letter from Mary Grace our sponsor child and the boys were thrilled! She was very excited to have a sponsor and to be "part of our family." She told us her mother cleans houses and her father is a baker. She and her two brothers are going to school and she likes English. She mentioned her favorite color is orange so we are sending her some orange ribbon for her hair. Her birthday is a month after Nathaniel's, November 12th. She also told us she likes to play football and I'm wondering if that would be European football or American football in the Philippines??? Probably European. We're making her bookmarks with our favorite Bible verses. You can't send packages which is soooooooooooooo disappointing but I understand why. The staff explained that they are trying to teach the love of Christ to these communities and that if some sponors sent packages and others didn't it would cause ill will and jealousy. They are right but it is so hard to have so much and not want to share. We can mail her things that will fit in flat enveolpes like sticker, hair ribbon, small books etc. I did send the school staff a note telling them that if they had a need for the school to let us know. I would love to send art supplies or something of that nature.

Well the chickens will need releasing soon. We lock them up at night to protect them against Racoons and Opossums. I could use a cup of coffee so I'll close for now. Don't forget to check our other pages they all have new photos and video!

Get in His Word today and be BLESSED!!!!!

Blog Archive