and ever

and ever

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

April showers bring May flowers!

I found this picture surfing on the Internet and thought it was cute.

I thought it might be time to check in and say hello to everyone. Life has been FULL as usual. The guys are getting ready for their RED BELT test next weekend. They are super excited! They're getting very close to their BLACK BELTS now.

We are also taking the boys to their first "rock concerts" soon! We have tickets to the Christian bands Kutless and Building 429. What makes it even more interesting is they will be held in Meramec Caverns Cave! We're going with another homeschool family and we're really looking forward to it!

Work for hubby has been on and off. The weather has been a major factor as of late with all the rain and then a saturated job site. A wet Spring will definitely not be a good thing for construction. God is faithful even in the worst of circumstances always making sure we have what we need.

The boy's and I have enjoyed attending church in Leasburg. They are still getting used to sitting in on the service instead of being in a Sunday school type setting. Nathaniel is starting to understand listening to the message is more important then visiting with friends. Keegan being a little younger gets bored a little sooner but he's doing very well. Last weeks sermon on Obedience was really good!

We will be starting Botany in science soon and that will be perfect going into Spring. We just finished their current math book (division) and are in a "refresher on large numbers" book for the summer. We have started back at cursive handwriting which we broke from awhile back. It was one of those things that it just wasn't the right time earlier.

Keegan will be 11 yr. old next week and he's very excited to have a birthday party with his homeschool friends. We'll be doing April birthdays with family as soon as we can get everyone together. Kalin was sweet 16 and Mom turned a scrumptious 60!

Summer is approaching fast and I think my niece Katelyn will be spending time with us this Summer again. She emailed me to let me know her school let's out May 29th and she's very excited! I will have to figure out how to have her here and still get school in with the boys. I think she will like doing some of our subjects with us like Botany and History because we do lots of projects. I bought the book "Beautiful Girlhood" for her thinking she may like to read that while they are doing math. She's a wonderful reader and loves "Charlotte's Web" which I bought notebooking pages just for her.

Our curriculum is pretty much bought. I still keep "eyeballing" the Latin Roots CD (and of course Rosetta Stone Spanish) but haven't been able to bring myself to spend that yet. The Latin program for the first level is 26$ which is nothing compared to the price tag on Rosetta Stone's Spanish program!

We just started a Unit study on the Ten Commandments based on the book by Ron Mehl that I read. I think it will be a very good thing for all of us. We haven't done a lot of "memorization" and this is a good place to start!

Well the day is getting on and we have piano and karate today and I have math papers to grade and peanut butter cookies to finish! Have a blessed day!


I am the Lord your God, you shall have no other gods before Me.

Blog Archive