and ever

and ever

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Well Saturday finds me feeling better and getting my strength back finally. I have a new appreciation for those who deal with handicaps because that's how I felt for the better part of a week. My second New Years spent in bed sick with chills and fever. Thank goodness I only get sick like that about once or twice a year. I have tons of photos loaded into my computer that I will blog eventually but right now my house is in dire need of attention as is our chicken coop. Yesterday I finally manage to strip the Christmas tree and get all the Christmas decorations put away with the help of the boys. We left the snowmen out with hope that we will still see some snow over the next month or so. Sadly we have lost two more chickens who decided to be adventurous and fly out of their pen. We have clipped all their wings again hoping that will help but other then that, there is nothing we can do short of babysitting them all day. With eggs currently 2.68$ a dozen I really hate losing laying hens. We are down to 11 now and a 1 rooster with a cold. Christmas was awesome, we went to my parents and had a wonderful time with them and my brother's family. My niece's are so beautiful and getting so grown up! We had a power out and spent part of our visit by candlelight which was really kind of nice. We took all the kids to see the Christmas lights and that was fun.

Then New Years came, along with the flu for me. Hubby filled in and did all the traditional celebrating with the boys while I was completely out of it. Now I'm finally feeling a bit stronger and getting to all the things that got behind when mom is down for the count. Lucky for me hubby is not the kind of guy who doesn't know how to do a dish or a load of laundry or I would have a nightmare on my hands. Thank you Lord for my wonderful hubby who was very patient with me while I was sick (and crabby). Well we have errands to run, grocery shopping to do and maybe sometime this weekend I'll get back and upload some photos and video to our blog. All our pics of our hike (before I got sick) turned out great! It was a beautiful day.

God Bless!

Blog Archive