
We had a late start this morning but finally made it through all our lessons and still had time to catch a couple of female "Northern Fence Lizards." I just can't believe how fast the days roll by! It's a third of the way through September already, where did it go??? I truly think time speeds up as you get older, days and years roll by in the wink of an eye, never to be had again. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Lord (and my sweet hubby) for allowing me to be home. I can't imagine working full time, the kids going off to public school and only getting to see them a few hours everyday! I have ALL day and we don't have enough time!
I'm sooooooo happy math isn't the challenge I thought it would be (yeah!!!!) the boys are doing fantastic with long division and decimals. I HATED math (or should I say feared) when I was in school, but not them. In fact I'm a little embarrassed to admit I spaced out on a problem today and my 5th and 6th graders patiently explained where I had fogged out. AWESOME! History for the very first time is really interseting for me too. I wonder just who is getting schooled here = ) We had a fun science experiment today (the sun finally co-operated) and we melted chocolate with magnifying glasses and talked about how the lens in your eye is curved and can really concentrate the light from the sun and burn your retina if you look at it. The bad thing is there are no pain receptors and you won't feel it burning your eye.
My hubby and the boys had a very intense, should I say EXTREME Jiu Jitsu seminar Sunday afternoon. The guy that taught it had a "warm up" so hard, that nobody but him made it through it! Of course they were all nuts and loved it. They sparred Jiu Jitsu style for 4 hours straight. They were completely soaked in sweat and sore. Thus the late start this morning, mom was nice and let them sleep in a bit. It's weird because it's almost so hard they hesitate to do it again but they love the grappling style and keep going back for more. I know one thing, in another 10 years I won't worry about anybody messing with them.
I cleaned Ruby and Elizabeth's tank today and they had fun trying to escape. They are so hilarious now, constantly trying to get attention. We switched stuff up a bit in their tank to keep them from being bored. They've grown a bit the last few weeks.
Our pups, Abbey, Maxx & Bear are really liking the cooler temps (but not the rain). I've been giving them pig ears in the morning to chew on. Our hummingbirds are still coming strong so we cleaned out their feeders today and refilled again. I bet if I had to guess, we've gone through 30 - 40 pounds of sugar this summer. That turned out to be an expensive little venture! About the time they leave it will be time to start seeding the birdfeeders... it just never ends. Something always needing to be fed!
Well I've rattled on again, thinking thru my fingers = ) Hope you didn't mind. I pray God finds you a ready and willing vessel for his use. Be blessed! <><